Sunday, March 4, 2012

92 & beading!























Today was the birthday of someone so dear to me, my Oma (German grandmother). Not only has she been an incredible mother, grandmother & great-grandmother but she has been a huge inspiration to me...and still is. She has always been very creative-everything that she makes is amazing- from her cooking & her cakes to her meticulous crochet projects & my favorite, her beading! It is no wonder I ended up making jewels...I grew up with a jewel box passed down from my mother consisting of many of my Oma's crochet beaded baubles. My favorite were her stretch cocktail rings that I have learnt to make and have been selling at trink for the past few years. And after years of not beading, I was so pleased when she surprised me with a wooden cigar box filled with her crochet beaded necklaces "to sell at your shop, if you can" she said when she gave them to me shortly after I opened trink six years ago- and not only are they selling at trink but they have become a main line I carry at all times! Yes, thats right, my incredible Oma is 92 & beading! She loves it & so do I- I only hope that I will be so lucky to still be doing what I love at her age!

Happy Birthday Oma, I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment